Posts Tagged Appreciate
Jim was really upset that I never came back for my Wonderful Wednesday post like I said I would on Tuesday. I really meant to, but it seemed that everything was going wrong yesterday (locking myself out of my apartment, deleting homework assignments, etc.) and then it was night and I was tired. Anyway he suggested I do a Terrific Thursday post instead!
So here it goes. Today is terrific because:
1) I don’t have any classes tomorrow.
2) Or work.
3) I had yummy leftover homemade carrot soup and focaccia bread for dinner.
4) And I have “homemade” brownies for dessert (they’re really Trader Joe’s brownies that came as pre-made batter you just had to pour in a pan so homemade is probably a bit of a stretch).
5) I am taking the next two days as mental health days with no homework or wedding planning or apartment hunting or job hunting or cleaning or cooking anything more complicated than frozen pizza. It is a much needed mini-vacation that I am really looking forward to.
6) Steam is finally getting an iPhone app which probably has no relevance to most people reading this, but its still awesome.
7) It looks like my reading load for the semester actually isn’t too bad so I might actually be able to read some “real” books (maybe…)
8) I pretty much put this on every Wonderful Wednesday post, but there is just something extra special about a cup of tea on a cold rainy day like today.
I hope everyone had a terrific day!
I just wanted to do a quick post about the impending New Year and reflecting on the old one. 2011 was truly a great year:
It involved consumption of dozen’s of jalapeno pizzas.
And hundreds of cups of tea.
The beginning of this blog.
A bunch of outfit posts.
A big birthday.
An accidental blog break.
52 Wonderful Wednesdays (and not nearly so many Wonderful Wednesday posts).
Lots of yummy baking.
My first professional football game.
Some Christmas crafts.
And lifetimes of fun and happiness.
I have a feeling 2012 will be even better!
Happy New Years everyone!
I have been in such a Christmas mood lately! I keep finding myself daydreaming about all things Christmas. Yesterday I got really in the Christmas spirit, and I decided it was okay to officially start celebrating the holiday season. I have been:
- Listening to my favorite christmas album
- Making Christmas decorations
- Thinking of fun Christmas presents to get the people I love
- Planning to bake these yummy cookies
- Dreaming about have a Christmas tree and stockings
- Loving this post about present wrapping
- Waiting to watch Christmas movies! I can’t wait to watch all kinds of Christmas movies, Rudolph, Santa Claus is Coming to Town, It’s a Wonderful Life…
What puts you in the Christmas spirit?
1. Realizing how much stronger you feel after working out for a few weeks.
2. Slowly waking up with a cup of tea on a lazy morning.
3. Finishing a really good book.
4. Eating fresh out of the oven baked goods.
5. Hugging someone who you have missed.
6. Throwing something together without a recipe and having it come out tasting awesome.
7. Summer thunderstorms that break a heatwave.
8. Wearing an outfit that you truly adore.
9. Having a perfect day even though nothing spectacular happened.