Archive for July, 2011
I thought that it would be fun to share some random snapshots from my visit home. Hopefully you enjoy my little show and tell!
My family’s puppy! His name is Katadin and he is 14 weeks old.
An outfit that I wore out to a birthday dinner:
The book I am currently reading & my awesome iPad case:
A house my Dad is building:
My sister the future fashion blogger:
My brother and Mom:
My Dad spraying a hose at my sister:
Some old rings I forgot I owned:
Polka-dot dresses (birthday presents):
I realized that I forgot to do my Wonderful Wednesday post this week. I also for got to do my A Few Favorites post. I do have a good excuse though, I have been spending time with my family and sometimes that is just more important. Today we are celebrating birthday (which is August 2nd if you were wondering) and then I am heading home tomorrow. I promise a Wonderful Wednesday and A Few Favorites post next week after all the birthday and family stuff is complete.
Anyway, this is what I am wearing today. I thought this top seemed very appropriate for celebrating my birthday. I am not sure why but something about flowy ruffles screams celebrate to me.
Credit where Credit is Due: Top – Finale; Shorts – Banana Republic; Belt – Leather Goods Store; Shoes – Blowfish; Headband – Anthropologie
Hope everyone is having a spectacular week.
I am home visiting my family through the weekend and I don’t have my trusty photographer with me so we will have to live with mirror photos and purple walls for a bit.
I don’t often wear shorts but my families new puppy thinks that skirts are the most fascinating thing in the world. All he wants to do is chew on them all the time. Therefore I had a little excuse to be a extra creative with my outfit today. I think it came out a little bit 70s does Nautical (which happens to be right on trend this summer).
Credit where Credit is Due: T-shirt – Gap; Shorts – Jcrew; Belt – Forever 21; Shoes – Keds
Today’s post is very special because a) it is my first DIY & more importantly b) it is my 100th post! I think that is an exciting little milestone for my blog!
I made this photo collage as a little summer project. It isn’t the most impressive thing in the whole world but it is a fun little craft and I think the result is pretty nice.
What you will need:
1) Photos that you have duplicates of or that you don’t mind cutting up (I got mine from Snapfish.com for .01 a piece).
3) Photo safe glue or tape
4) A poster frame
What to do:
1) Choose your photos. Make sure to choose pictures with big bold images. For example this soda can:
2) Cut carefully around the part of the picture you want to include in your collage. The more precisely you cut around your image the cooler your collage will look.
3) Layout the pictures onto the inside of your poster frame (if you are using an expensive frame you may want to lay the pictures down on a separate sheet of paper or cardboard). This part is the trickiest and the most fun. Make sure to fit your pictures together so that there a minimal gaps (like a jigsaw puzzle).
4) Assemble the frame and hang your creation proudly.
Here is an example of another one I made in high school:
I hope you enjoyed my first ever DIY and my 100th blog post!!
I just adore this necklace. I think the color is so wonderful. It really pops in an outfit. I have been trying to slowly expand my necklace collection.
I wore this outfit on Sunday. It was the perfect outfit to make a happy day. My favorite purple dress, my favorite flats (that are falling apart) and my new necklace.
Today I wore an outfit that I have been trying to take outfit photos of for ages and yet again I failed. It started raining on my walk home and I was soaked by the time I got home. Oh well. I will try again another day.
Credit where Credit is Due: Dress – H&M; Necklace – Finale; Flats – Gap
1. Realizing how much stronger you feel after working out for a few weeks.
2. Slowly waking up with a cup of tea on a lazy morning.
3. Finishing a really good book.
4. Eating fresh out of the oven baked goods.
5. Hugging someone who you have missed.
6. Throwing something together without a recipe and having it come out tasting awesome.
7. Summer thunderstorms that break a heatwave.
8. Wearing an outfit that you truly adore.
9. Having a perfect day even though nothing spectacular happened.
Today is wonderful…
1. Because the song Promises (Sxrillex Remix) by Nero is awesome. Here is a link to the song on hype machine since I can’t actually share the song.
2. Because of days that look like this:
3. Because I finished the picture project I have been working on. I think I will do a DIY post at some point in the future.
4. Because it is less than 2 weeks until my birthday!
5. Because of this photograph of green dumplings (they were gross FYI):
6. Because I always smile better when Jim takes my outfit photos.
7. Because I am almost finished with The Girl Who Played with Fire. Such an awesome series.
8. Because I plan to bake cookies and baking cookies is always a happy occasion.
Stop to remember the wonders of life every single day…”I’m gonna lock ’em up tight and eat jam out of the jar all night / ’cause life is to short to make toast or use spoons or napkins” – Mountain Goats.