Archive for September, 2011
Today it was almost Fall. It was rainy and cool enough to wear jeans and a cardigan. While I do not love walking to class in the rain or the fact that my school feels it necessary to blast the heat when it is 63 degrees out, so far today has been a superb day. It started out nice and slow… I didn’t have class until afternoon and my morning consisted of pilates followed by a leisurely breakfast in front of the TV. Slow mornings are some of the greatest moments in life (in my humble opinion).
To top it off, I am currently sitting at my computer drinking a cup of my favorite fall tea, Republic Red Chai, listening to Damien Jurado, and wearing a sweatshirt. I don’t know if there could be a more perfect beginning to Fall (we’ll pretend that it already started). I know that I have raved about Republic Red Chai tea here before, but seriously it is the best way to warm up on a rainy day. It is about 10x’s better than hot chocolate (and this coming from a girl who
likes LOVES her chocolate).
I hope everyone else is having a perfect day.
Today was the first day back to school. I had 3 classes today and then I don’t have classes again until Tuesday! It was a pretty good first day back. Here is a random summary of things that happened today:
– There was a tree down across the main path to the building where my first two classes were. Well in the morning there was a truck trying to prevent the tree from falling on students and by the afternoon it was across the path.
– One of my professors read the syllabus (literally read the entire syllabus) for the whole class. I don’t really need to know exactly what I am gonna learn on November 7th.
– My school keeps cutting back buses due to budget cuts, yet they magically came up with the funds for brand new buses with a really annoying announcement systems.
– I got a cup of my favorite school time tea on the way to my first class this morning.
– I also made use of this adorable water bottle from Modcloth.
Overall I liked my 3 classes from today. Hopefully that trend continues! In case you were wondering I had an Anthropology statistics course, a Primatology course, and a course on the history of the future. Sorry if this post is a little all over the place. I haven’t had to do much thinking the past 3 months.