Last summer I made some goals and lets be honest I didn’t follow through on most of them, but this summer I am gonna try to make and follow through on some goals.
I don’t have a job lined up after graduation and while I am sure I will be quite busy with wedding planning – all and all I am doing absolutely nothing this summer. If anyone has ever experienced the phenomena of having nothing to do than you know that it can get quite boring and monotonous. After a few days of doing nothing the glamour of relaxation can wear off a little bit (or a lot).
I personally start losing motivation to much besides watch TV and sit around complaining about how bored I am. This summer my number one goal is to not be bored and to learn how to be fulfilled and happy without a job or school.
I have a list of simple things I would like to accomplish this summer, and if I remember to work towards them everyday than I should pretty much always have something to do.
Summer of 2012 Goals:
1. Read at Least One Book A Month
2. Eat Real Lunches (I have never been a person who has trouble eating breakfast or cooking myself dinner, but lunch I struggle with).
3. Call my Mom at least Once a Week
4. Walk or Do Pilates Three Times a Week
5. Take Outfit Photos Once a Week
6. Try Two New Recipes a Month
7. Bake Twice a Month
8. Make a lot of Wedding Crafts
9. Find Something I Love to Do
10. Relax More and Smile More
To assure that I don’t fall back into my old habits of being lazy and bored I am going to create a little weekly feature here on this blog. Every week (I haven’t decided what day yet) I will make a little post tracking my progress towards my various goals and hopefully this will help me continuously work towards them.
What are your summer goals and plans?