Posts Tagged Cute
Time for another Wonderful Wednesday post! So here are 8 reasons why today is wonderful:
1. Today is the last day of summer which is kind of bitter sweet, but I plan to enjoy it.
2. I only have one day of classes this week which is kind of an awesome first week.
3. I baked cookies this morning and I plan on eat lots of them!
4. I am finally caught up on the 3 magazines I am subscribed to. Just in time for school.
5. The upcoming weekend is a 3-day one!
6. I plan to paint my nails with purple stripes later today!
7. I ordered myself some new makeup the other day. I think the last time I got any new makeup was almost 4 years ago!
8. Tomorrow is my 2 year 9 month anniversary with Jim (yeah we are one of those couples – hehe).
I just spent sometime making a presentation for my Primate Behavioral Ecology class and I thought I would share some of the pictures I stumbled across. I know that may sound strange, but there is this website, arkive.org,and it is just endless images of nature. Seriously if you like nature check it out.
(All images from arkive.org)
Am I the only one who finds these little guys adorable?
My Great-Grandma always used to say “don’t wish your life away” (or so my Grandma tells me). Now this is something that I have always struggled with. I am always wishing it was the weekend, wishing it was the end of the workday, wishing it was colder, hotter, etc. I always seem to have a problem with enjoying the here and now. I have a pretty awesome here and now and I need to appreciate that more.
Today’s outfit was all about appreciating being 20. I feel like a lot of times I dress older than I am, and sometimes I just need to wear something that I probably won’t wear in 5 years. Enter, my new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles tank top from Forever 21!I wanted to pair this outfit with 5 inch wedges because I thought they fit the mood better than ballet flats. However my half mile walk to and from class kind of killed that idea. Oh well another day.
Also in the spirit of celebrating being 20, I had tater-tots for dinner. Us college students are just healthy that way.
But don’t worry I paired it with a yummy salad.
In New Jersey it always seems to shift from Winter to Summer in one big swoop rather than actually incorporating Spring. Today was a little taste of spring weather with a high of 77!
Here are 5 reasons why I am super excited for the summer months!
1) More iced tea and more ice cream!
2) No more school! I really like my classes most of the time. I like to learn and I like to think, but sometimes a break is much needed.
3) More time to read books that I actually want to read, and not just school assignments.
4) Not having to wear a coat, gloves, and a scarf every time I step outside. (Although I do love my bright purple coat, I must remember to showcase it here some time).
5) Wearing these new additions to my wardrobe:
Now 5 reasons why I am going to miss the chillier months:
1) I will miss wearing boots, oversized cardigans, and cute knit hats.
2) Hot tea is sometimes just not an option in the summer, especially if it is spicy.
3) No more snow and no more snow days for a while.
4) No more curling up in a blanket with a magazine/book and a cup of tea on a lazy Sunday.
5) I will miss the smell of winter. It is one of my favorites.
Yesterday was on of those days when nothing in my closet seemed right. I hated all the outfits I put together, and ended up wearing something I wasn’t crazy about. Then I remembered my favorite little necklace from Modcloth. It is a recent addition to my wardrobe (a Valentine’s present from my wonderful boyfriend), and it is just one of those pieces that is so adorable you can’t help but smile when wearing it. And guess what it worked! By the end of the night I was loving my outfit!
This picture came out kind of dark, but I really like it for some reason. So I thought I would include it anyway:
Here is a close up look at Ollie the Owl:
And here is another one! You can also see the print of my dress a bit better in this picture. I personally think it is a really neat pattern.
Credit where Credit is Due: Dress: Urban Outfitters; Cardigan: Banana Republic; Tights: Banana Republic; Flats: Urban Outfitters; Necklace: Modcloth; Headband: Modcloth (free gift with purchase – yay!)
Lesson learned: great accessories can really make an outfit. Thanks Ollie and thanks Jim for purchasing him!