Posts Tagged Family
Hey guys. Yes I am finally making a blog post. And, yes I did use OMG in my title.
I am finally approaching the end of the hecticness. Today was a huge step in vastly reducing the stressfulness of my life. I have been planning and coordinating 6 tables for this event at my school, its kind of like a fair/carnival. All the departments have little activities and it is pretty cool. I have been working to plan my departments events since January and it feels so so good to not have to think about it anymore.
Now I just have to make it through one more day of class and one more day of finals and then I just have to focus on wedding planning.
Seriously after this semester just focusing on wedding planning is gonna feel like a breeze.
Anyway, today after getting my departments tables all setup and helping run them for a few hours I met up with my family and fiancé to enjoy the day.
We walked around a bunch of different tents, and my sister managed to find every single table that was giving out free items (seriously the girl made out with like 10 pieces of loot). Then we went to linner and now I am relaxing in my apartment.
All and all it was a pretty fantastic day. I feel like I can finally start getting excited about graduating!
And now moving on to some pictures of the day:
A cool R made out of cupcakes!
One of the cupcakes:
A rare picture of Jim and I:
Hominin fossils (kinda random, but this is what I study so its sorta relevant):
This post feels a little rusty – sorry about that I am out of practice.
I just returned from the UK! I think I woke about at the equivalent of midnight East Coast time, but so far I am holding strong and staying awake. It was a great trip, and I have so many photos to share once the jet lag wears off.
Just wanted to pop in and say hello!
I just realized I didn’t do my Wonderful Wednesday post this week! I am spending this week visiting my family and it just completely slipped my mind, but better late than never – right??
This week is wonderful because…
1) I got to spend lots of time with my family!
2) I got a hilarious email from a professor informing us that since it was an online course we needed to be able to use a computer – apparently this is something people struggle with.
3) I have pink and purple polka dot nails!
4) I got some wonderful belated Christmas presents from my family.
5) My baby sister turns 12 next week – 12!!!
6) I am spending lots of time drinking tea, reading magazines, and chatting with my mom before school starts up again.
7) I actually have some pictures to include in this post.
8) My fiancé is joining me at my house tonight which is awesome because I miss him tons!
I didn’t take too many pictures while I was off visiting Jim’s family in Chicago for Christmas, but I thought I would share a few I had on my phone. The fact that the iPhone actually has a decent camera is truly awesome!
1. Waiting for the train. 2. Waiting for the plane. 3. Helping with dinner. 4. Salsa ingredients (yum!). 5. Jim’s brother and his sister’s husband playing pool (i.e. my future brothers in law). 6. Pretty flowers.
I am heading to Chicago to spend some time with my fiancé’s family! I am gonna try and schedule some posts while I am gone (crossing my fingers that it works!).
I am gonna throw in some pictures from my family Christmas party because this post looks boring!
Here are all my cousins on my Dad’s side (I’m the oldest):
And here is my littlest cousin, so cute!
I hope everyone has a spectacular holiday season!
Here are some reasons why today was/is awesome:
1. A new Mexican place opened up in the student center. I am super glad about this because I was starting to get sick of all the other food places after 3 and 1/2 years.
2. I got to talk to my mom on the phone for a while. That always makes my day a little brighter!
3. Today is Jim’s last day of classes…Ever!
4. I ran into a friend I hadn’t seen in a while (at the new Mexican place).
5. I have inherited my Mom’s tendency to order everything online, and with the impending holiday season the UPS guy has come to recognize me – haha.
6. It is finally supposed to be sunny tomorrow!
7. Classes will be over this time next week (we aren’t gonna talk about finals).
8. I actually have some outfit photos to share sometime soon – yay outfit photos!
Hope your Wednesday is Wonderful!
EDIT: Yeah I did that thing I talked about in this post AGAIN. I kid you not: ever. single. week.
On Sunday I went to my first ever NFL football game. I went with Jim, his sister and her husband. Jim is a huge Packer fan so he was happy with their win (his sister’s husband not so much). It was a fun new experience. Especially since we went all out with tailgating with a mini-grill and everything. I don’t have too many pictures, but I thought I would share a few I do have.
These are not the world’s greatest pictures but I still think they are kind of cool.
Do you have a favorite football team?