Posts Tagged Food
Hey guys. Yes I am finally making a blog post. And, yes I did use OMG in my title.
I am finally approaching the end of the hecticness. Today was a huge step in vastly reducing the stressfulness of my life. I have been planning and coordinating 6 tables for this event at my school, its kind of like a fair/carnival. All the departments have little activities and it is pretty cool. I have been working to plan my departments events since January and it feels so so good to not have to think about it anymore.
Now I just have to make it through one more day of class and one more day of finals and then I just have to focus on wedding planning.
Seriously after this semester just focusing on wedding planning is gonna feel like a breeze.
Anyway, today after getting my departments tables all setup and helping run them for a few hours I met up with my family and fiancé to enjoy the day.
We walked around a bunch of different tents, and my sister managed to find every single table that was giving out free items (seriously the girl made out with like 10 pieces of loot). Then we went to linner and now I am relaxing in my apartment.
All and all it was a pretty fantastic day. I feel like I can finally start getting excited about graduating!
And now moving on to some pictures of the day:
A cool R made out of cupcakes!
One of the cupcakes:
A rare picture of Jim and I:
Hominin fossils (kinda random, but this is what I study so its sorta relevant):
This post feels a little rusty – sorry about that I am out of practice.
I am going to get around to posting pictures from my trip to the UK, but currently my laptop is acting up so I cannot import pictures. We shall now proceed with why today is wonderful (no need to dwell on the crappy things – right?):
1) I am touring an apartment with my fiance tonight. Yay for potential future homes.
2) I got lots of homework and unpacking done today.
3) And I baked some muffins (although they kind of suck).
4) I have a small supply of British candy and its super yummy.
5) My professor told me I did good job on an assignment I thought I did poorly on.
6) Jim and I have been working on planning our honeymoon which is tons of fun.
7) There are only a little over two weeks until Spring Break!
8) And I have to throw in lots and lots of yummy tea because tea is always important.
P.S. That ice cream has nothing to do with anything. It is just a random picture or airport ice cream.
This weekend I was going to take outfit photos of what I wore to our wedding tasting…
And then I was going to take pictures of what I wore out tonight to our Valentine’s celebration…
I was also going to finally take out my camera in a restaurant…
And I was gonna get some stuff done for my job…
This weekend I ate 3 kinds of cake at the the tasting (shamelessly)…
And dropped a ridiculous number of forks…
I tried a strawberry daiquri for the first time…
And I ate a yummy enchilada…
I learned some good news…
And I got even more excited about going to the UK…
I don’t have any pictures to share with you tonight, but I’ll chock it up to a good weekend anyway.
I hope you had a weekend that was so fun you forgot to document it.
I am here to share two recipes with you. They are simple. They are delicious and you should try them. Trust me.
The first one is an appetizer recipe that I found on Real Simple’s website. They are called Parmesan-Scallion Pastry Pinwheels. They would be a great recipe to bring to a party because they look super impressive but are really easy. There only require 5 ingredients (and one of those ingredients is salt & pepper).
The next recipe is a potato recipe that I found on pinterest. Apparently the recipe is originally from a website called plain chicken which is ironic because I am a vegetarian. But seriously this recipe is another really good one. And it too only has 5 ingredients!
I am here on Wednesday to do my Wonderful Wednesday post – woot! Sorry for the lack of posts lately. It has been a busy week. I am hoping to make a couple of posts over the next few of days.
Moving on…today is wonderful because:
1) I have 2 sets of outfit photos to post!
2) I have a new recipe to try for dinner.
3) I have 3 new pairs of tights! All my old ones were starting to get holes.
4) 60+ degree days in January and February!
5) I have just recently discovered the amazingness of puff pastry.
6) Natural hair that does way better in the winter than summer.
7) Amazon prime videos, like netflix but with the added benefit of getting all your items from amazon shipped free in 2 days.
8) My newly acquired 4 pack of 60 piece packages of eclipse gum. I have a gum addiction.
Off to go fold some laundry and start some dinner. Hope everyone is having a wonderful day!
Jim was really upset that I never came back for my Wonderful Wednesday post like I said I would on Tuesday. I really meant to, but it seemed that everything was going wrong yesterday (locking myself out of my apartment, deleting homework assignments, etc.) and then it was night and I was tired. Anyway he suggested I do a Terrific Thursday post instead!
So here it goes. Today is terrific because:
1) I don’t have any classes tomorrow.
2) Or work.
3) I had yummy leftover homemade carrot soup and focaccia bread for dinner.
4) And I have “homemade” brownies for dessert (they’re really Trader Joe’s brownies that came as pre-made batter you just had to pour in a pan so homemade is probably a bit of a stretch).
5) I am taking the next two days as mental health days with no homework or wedding planning or apartment hunting or job hunting or cleaning or cooking anything more complicated than frozen pizza. It is a much needed mini-vacation that I am really looking forward to.
6) Steam is finally getting an iPhone app which probably has no relevance to most people reading this, but its still awesome.
7) It looks like my reading load for the semester actually isn’t too bad so I might actually be able to read some “real” books (maybe…)
8) I pretty much put this on every Wonderful Wednesday post, but there is just something extra special about a cup of tea on a cold rainy day like today.
I hope everyone had a terrific day!
Its Wednesday and its Wonderful. Here’s Why:
1) Caramel Apple Cake for breakfast.
2) No classes!
3) Garlicky Mashed Potatoes for dinner (here is the recipe I based them off of expect minus the apples, minus 2 sweet potatoes, plus 1 one regular potato, milk instead of leftover water).
4) I managed to get some outfit photos taken today – woot!
5) I powered through a good portion of my hardest review sheet.
6) I am almost done with Christmas shopping!
7) I am wearing a hair bow and this automatically makes a day good.
8) I am lining up magazines and books to read starting 1 week from today (i.e. the last day of finals).
Why was your Wednesday Wonderful?
*Edit* So I just noticed I did that thing again and its Friday…So yeah.