Posts Tagged Hair
I have some more outfit photos!! These are from a while ago. I can’t remember exactly when. They were at some point before finals, but everything in the past 2 weeks is pretty much just a blur of studying and Christmas preparation.
This outfit is a little out there, but I like it anyway. I have really been enjoying wearing my hair in a top knot lately. If I wear my hair in a traditional bun, I kind of look like I have no hair in photos, so you know this fixes that.
Anyway here are the pictures:
Credit where Credit is Due: Dress: Modcloth; Shirt: From my Mom; Tights: DKNY (via Macy’s); Wedges: Forever 21; Hair Bow: Won in Contest
I discovered a new hairstyle on Saturday. This is a big deal for me because I really struggle to find hairstyles that actually work with my thick and curly hair. I know that pigtails look a little bit juvenile (and I would be lying if I said that I wasn’t already handed children’s menus at restaurants), but I put my hair this way out of desperation. You see me wearing my hair down in the summer feels like wearing a thick wool scarf around my neck in the summer. Now one would probably say that the logical solution would to be putting my hair up in a braid, bun or ponytail. However I pretty much exclusively wore my hair in a braid, bun or ponytail from the ages of 10 to 18. Therefore I have a strong desire to avoid these hairstyles the majority of the time. Which led me to pigtails. That was probably way more than you needed to know about my hairstyling decisions and if you read all that I commend you.
On to the pictures:
Credit where Credit is Due: T-shirt – Urban Outfitters; Skirt – Hand-me-down from my Mom; Shoes – Blowfish via Amazon
I decided to wear my hat again yesterday! I am still not sure how I feel about hats. I just feel awkward when I wear then, but the print on this hat is so irresistible. I kept my outfit pretty simple as I spent a lot of my day getting things done around my apartment. The lighting in these pictures is kind of awkward because I forgot to take outfit photos until after dark. In my defense my photographer now works all day!
In other news I really need a hair cut. I think it is semi-obvious in this zoomed in picture. I haven’t gotten my hair cut in over a year and it is getting really uneven and long. I always dread getting haircuts because hairdressers always want to do weird things to my hair.
Anyway back to my outfit. These are some of my favorite summer shoes. The are so comfy and simple and they pretty much go with everything. Unfortunately I don’t think they have much more life left in them. I certainly plan to wear them til they break!
For your amusement, here is an out-take from my little photo session:
Time for my first edition of A Few Favorites! I decided to start with some of my favorite things I use every day!
- Hair ties – They are the perfect hair accessory. Buns, ponytails, half-up, braids, pig tails. You name it and these little guys can create the perfect hair day. Also this is the kind without those little metal things. When I discovered that they made hair ties without little metal things, it was a glorious day. Metal + curls do not mix!
- Gum – I am pretty much addicted to gum. It drives me crazy when I run out and can’t make it to the store. Therefore I pretty much always try to keep one of the big packs of gum around.
- One a Day Vitamins – I have been a vegetarian about four and a half years. Since I became a vegetarian I have tried to take a vitamin every day. I try to eat healthy and get all the nutrients I need from food, but sometimes it is hard with a college diet.
- DKNY perfume – I adore the scent of this perfume. It is sweet and fruity and not in the least bit overpowering. Not to mention the fact that it was a gift from Jim, making it extra special!
- Organix Coconut Conditioner – My hair can be really fussy and this conditioner does wonders to tame it. Plus it smells AMAZING!!! Seriously if you have curly (or dry) hair – try this stuff out!
- Mango Hand Lotion – My hands always get really dry in the winter and from cleaning products and such. I always keep some kind of hand lotion around to try and combat that. This one is my favorite because it smells yummy.
- Camera Case – Well to be honest it is actually an iPod case, but it fits my little camera perfectly. I believe it is from Free People.
Thus ends my first edition of A Few Favorites. Feel free to share what some of your daily favorites are!
P.S. I can’t decide whether Daily Favorites should be the title or the subtitle. Any opinions?
I meant to do this outfit post yesterday, but somehow time got away from me. It was 11am and then suddenly it was 1am. Oh well it was a good day!
In honor of full disclosure I did not where this outfit to my 9am exam yesterday. I wore jeans and a sweatshirt, but when I got home I decided to put on a dress and a fancy hair clip to celebrate it being Friday.
I love hair accessories because I feel like they add something to an outfit without much fuss. Not to mention the fact that since my hair is super curly, I can’t do much in the area of hair styles. Hair accessories are my version of a new hair cut. I must own dozens of headbands, and I really want to obtain more interesting hair clips.
Lets see what else can I say about this outfit? The tights I am wearing died a few hours after these pictures were taken. I accidentally snagged them on something and now they have a big hole. You can’t tell in these pictures, but they are navy blue sweater tights. They were warm and cute, and I will have to remember to replace them come next winter.
Here is a picture of the aforementioned hair clip. I attempted to get a more close up photo for a good 20 minutes, but to no avail…
Credit where Credit is Due: Dress – Anthropologie; Belt – Urban Outfitters; Tights – Urban Outfitters; Boots – Bakers Shoes; Hair Clip – Banana Republic