Posts Tagged Saturday
I decided to try out my new hat yesterday, and I loved it. I went pretty simple with the rest of my outfit since my hat was pretty loud. I don’t know if you can tell in the picture but it has little orange flowers on it. I think I am officially becoming a hat person. It made me feel super cool. Not to mention who doesn’t want to cover up a bad hair day or two.
I had a little too much fun taking these photos. I got a little crazy with the posing. I also had Jim try on the hat. I think he looked pretty darn cute.
Credit where Credit is Due: Hat – Forever 21, T-shirt – Forever 21, Jeans – Target, Wedges – Forever 21
In other news it was spectacular out yesterday! Sunny and warm, but not warm enough to make you hot. It was a true spring day. I ended up walking to Chipotle and Starbucks with Jim which was super yummy. Other than that I haven’t done a whole lot this weekend. I have mostly just been relaxing, enjoying the spring weather, and doing some end of the year homework.
How was everyone’s weekend?
Here are 6 things I should be doing instead of making this blog post:
1. Writing an outline for the 10 page research paper I have to write tomorrow on female dominance in lemurs. Anyone know anything about that topic because I sure don’t?
2. Cleaning out the fridge. This weekends leftovers are crowding out last weekends leftovers.
3. Organizing my spring/summer clothes. They are currently awkwardly half strewn in boxes where my winter clothes need to go.
4. Reading a few chapters in the book Lockdown America. It is a book on the changes in law and order from the 60s to the present. It is interesting, but depressing. Who wants to be depressed on a Saturday?
5. Doing pilates. I really want to get back into doing pilates again. I used to do them all the time. I think the last time I exercised may have been last June (whoops).
6. Doing laundry. Laundry is probably my least favorite chore, and therefore I let it pile up until my laundry basket is pretty much exploding.
Well, that was way more fun than all of the things I should be doing. All I have to say is at least it is Saturday and not Sunday. Tomorrow will be super fun (enter sarcasm). Anyone else have something they are procrastinating doing?
I took my first trip to Trader Joe’s this afternoon, and my wonderful parents bought me tons of yummy food. The store was really neat and all the food looked so interesting and fun. I love trying new food almost (if not as much) as trying new tea. I already had delicious butternut squash ravioli from the little shopping trip.
I was going to show all the food in one picture but there was too much of it so I had to split it up into two photos. I am so excited to try everything (especially the chocolate covered pomegranate seeds).
(Left to Right: Blueberry Pomegranate Green Tea, Mango Lemonade, Butternut Squash Soup, Black Beans, Chickpeas, Honey Pass the Snack Mix, Triple Ginger Snaps, Luna & Balance Bars, Apple Granola Bar, Thai Peanut Noodles, Almond Milk)
To make today even more awesome I also got a brand new iPhone 4. I have been planning on upgrading for a while, but somehow never got around to it. Today was the day and so far I am loving it!
To completely switch subjects: I wore pink today, and I never wear pink. That being the case I thought I would share a quick outfit photo.
Another topic switch: It was 58 today so I didn’t have to wear a coat (insert Happy Dance here)! Maybe Spring has finally decided to stick around awhile?